Thursday, May 17, 2007

Eric Clapton - 461 Ocean Boulevard


This address is literally minutes from my house. I always look at the house as I drive by. Slow Hand stayed at that house on the beach while he recorded this great classic. Read Here for more interesting facts.

There are so many great songs on this album...that I have dubbed it an old new favorite. I've been listening to it over and over again. I haven't done that in a long time. Check out the song list..then check out Mainline Florida..

1. Motherless Children
2. Give Me Strength
3. Willie And The Hand Jive
4. Get Ready
5. I Shot The Sheriff
6. I Can't Hold Out
7. Please Be With Me
8. Let It Grow
9. Steady Rollin' Man
10. Mainline Florida
ENJOY!!!

7 comments:

eccentric recluse said...

You do have a knack for pickin' the good ones! My own favorite on this album is Motherless Children, but it's all good. The last post was also a memory shaker, tho my copy of the LP did not look like that! My '65 Ford, (at that time) was equipped with a battery powered tape machine that I kept on the seat beside me. Many, many miles passed with 'Radar Love' erupting from that machine...

leelee said...

Thanks ER....this album is great!! I heard Mainline Florida mixed with Dave Mason's Only You KNow and I know...the other day on XM.. I ordered both cd's from Amazon...immediately. Dave Mason brings back a ton of memories for me.

Radar Love is totally a car song..I love the vision of the batt op tape player...I had one too...too funny!Hey we didn't care, as long as we heard the tunes!

:-)

Scary Monster said...

That is too cool. living near a rock n roll icon.
Personally me fav. on the album be Steady Rollin' Man. Just hits me in the gills.
STOMPS!

leelee said...

Stomps, Scary...there are a number of tunes on this that..just get to me..I'm telling you, I have listened to this at least 10 times this week alone..

If you ever get to South Florida, we'll hit up the Hardrock in Hollywood, ya know where Anna Nicole was in her last days. But aside from that...it's always cool to look at guitars and costumes..I love that stuff.

HUGS and STOMPS!!

puerileuwaite said...

Another good choice. I didn't realize this was in Florida. Cool.

leelee said...

Yep...minutes away P...extremely cool?

puerileuwaite said...

Indeed. My theory? It was the proximity to Leelee's future home that inspired him. Either that or the heroin withdrawel.