Monday, April 10, 2006

The Legend Of Johnny Cash




The Legend of Johnny Cash

Tonight I shared KP with my daughter. She enjoyed Johnny and June. However she rolled her eyes pretty good whan A Boy Named Sue came on...cuz..I knew all the words! Explained to her that his last song HURT is a Nine Inch Nails song. Yes I constantly impress her with my vast knowledge of pop culture....NOT. :-)

C'mon sing along:

Well, I grew up quick and I grew up mean,
My fist got hard and my wits got keen,
I'd roam from town to town to hide my shame.
But I made a vow to the moon and stars
That I'd search the honky-tonks and bars
And kill that man who gave me that awful name.

Well, it was Gatlinburg in mid-July
And I just hit town and my throat was dry,
I thought I'd stop and have myself a brew........


One of these days I go ahead and put an entire song on here..

3 comments:

julie said...

I hate washing dishes... but I might enjoy it more if I gave your idea a try!

leelee said...

Try it Julie...it definitely makes the mundane...a bit more fun!!

Crank it up girlfriend!

puerileuwaite said...

Shania Twain in general, and miscellaneous new-Country songs aside, I'm an old-Country guy. This includes Johnny, Patsy Cline, Hank Williams and some Willie Nelson.

But Johnny is the KING.