Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Miles Davis - Kind Of Blue



Easily among my top 10 albums of all time. I've been in a musical slump lately...not interested in looking into the depths of my extensive collection. Call it Summertime Blues if you will..then as I was doing my dinner dishes...I had a light bulb moment. AHHHHHHHHH YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS Miles will lift me up and redeem me.

I am transformed back in time to NY 1959...sitting in a smokey coffee house in Greenwich Village, wearing a black sweater and a dark slim A-Line skirt. Sipping espresso with a studious looking fella, who's wearing horn rimmed glasses and wearing a worn sports coat..perhaps with leather patches on the elbows. Although he is studious looking he is quite handsome and of course extremely intelligent. We tap our feet to the heavenly strains of Messrs. Davis, Coltrane, Adderly, Kelly, Evans, Cobb and Chambers, sip our joe and smoke..no cares, we are young, carefree and no one has decided that smoking will kill you yet..or if they have, we don't care. The whole scene has a fim noir look, gritty New York, papers blowing down the quiet street late at night.

5 comments:

puerileuwaite said...

I am SO there. I'll have to check this one out sometime this week (hopefully).

leelee said...

Oh, you have never heard this record???..I envy you because it will blow your mind..really, it's wonderful, layered, sophisticated yet totally easy to listen too, not like some other jazz which is just too complicated. The melodies will stay with you forever. I'm excited for you!

puerileuwaite said...

I'll give you my report ...

leelee said...

I look forward to it

puerileuwaite said...

I now have songs from this album in my laptop (needed my weekend dSL to do it). So hopefully I'll get through some (if not all) of them today. Hope Jersey is going well, and that you haven't had your purse snatched yet.