Sunday, January 28, 2007

Arlo Guthrie - Alice's Restaurant

When I was a teenager and was an avid listener of WNEW in NY, one of the all time greatest progressive rock stations in the world bar none...I would hear Alice's Restaurant on Thanksgiving morning at 11:00 am.. It was a tradition and I guess it is now played on rock stations nationwide as well on Thanksgiving. In any case...tonight's Kitchen Concert was this song in it's entirety, all 18 minutes, just enough time to get me through the dinner dishes.

Have a listen: and PEACE!

6 comments:

eccentric recluse said...

Thanks for this post, haven't listened to this one in a long time.

I guess I'm due...

leelee said...

iT'S SO great and even better when you haven't heard it in a long time....enjoy..(I'm so hapy my "hipcast" is working again and I can have a whole song on my posts.

Enjoy!!

puerileuwaite said...

I always had the hots for "Flo". I suppose it was the hairstyle, which I imagined was as "too wild to tame" as she.

leelee said...

MEL!!!!!!!!! KISS MY GRITS!!!!! ~snaps gum~

puerileuwaite said...

Maybe I should "Go Ask Alice", but I heard that "Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore".

(BTW, I just KNEW you had a little "Flo" in you)

leelee said...

P...you have a sixth sense about me..it's really quite amazing..
*snap*
~wink~