Friday, January 19, 2007

The Guess Who Greatest Hits - The Guess Who


I've been listening to a lot of pop music from the 60's lately. XM has a terrific station that's been keeping me singing along and smiling.
The Guess Who is one of those bands that I always loved, but never bought a 45 when I was a kid, but they were played so often (WABC IN New York) that of course, I like everyone else knew all the words and there was almost no need to buy the record.
This is a good compilation of their hits. Check out some of these samples..then download them into your MP3 player, I guarantee you'll sing along and remember where/who you were when these came out...


1. These Eyes Listen

2. Laughing Listen

3. Undun Listen

4. No Time Listen

5. American Woman Listen

6. No Sugar Tonight/New Mother Nature Listen

7. Hand Me Down World Listen

6 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
leelee said...

t

I would love to post the mp3's here but am having trouble with Hipcast & google working in sync. You can probably find the mp3's on bearshare or limeware etc. I put the "tesasers" here for a glimpse of what "could be" a good collection...or better yet...go to Amazon and order the cd...I think it's $9.99.

OH CANADA!

eccentric recluse said...

I remember a lot of these tunes from my junior high school 'grounded for bad grades'-radio period. Later, saw them on TV and decided that they were made for radio...

Good job here.

leelee said...

It's true E_R...our radio was our life line during those "grounded" periods..my first FM radio was like gold to me, I bought it for $10 (a lot of babysitting $$ for me)I treasuerd it..

puerileuwaite said...

As usual, the timing of your choices is excellent. Lately I've been listening to "Takin' Care of Business" by B.T.O. quite a bit (as part of my morning drive ritual).

And - if my memory serves me correctly - Randy Bachman fronted both of these bands.

The Guess Who were a staple of Classic Rock radio stations, so I used to get burnt out on them. But now that I'm an iPod Pug, and it's been a long while, it's time to put a few of their songs back in the rotation.

leelee said...

Agreed Pug...check out the "teasers" and pick one or 2 for your ipug