Friday, August 25, 2006

XM RADIO



ok...this doesn't constitute a Kitchen Concert however it was a day of great music..seemingly endless. I was fortunate to spend extra time in my car today, running here and there and every time I got in..there was awesome music on XM Radio Deep Tracks channel 40:

(I can't remember each song because the music they play is definitely NOT top 40..it's tracks you never or rarely heard even when these bands were popular..it's album stuff friends)

Johnny Winter - Raised on Rock
David Bowie (something I never heard before and now I can't remember the name)
Wishbone Ash (My god, I totally missed this group in the 70's, I'm downloading this weekend..duel guitar harmonies, wow)
Pink Floyd - Dogs from Animals
Captain Beefheart - Cucamonga (made me smile)
Canned Heat - Old hippie stuff
Buffalo Springfield """"
Edgar Winter - jammin' stuff
James Gang (Man they rock, hey who wants to go see them with me in Boca tomorrow night????)
Rolling Stones - Monkey Man, probably one of my favorite songs ever

God it was like I was in Rock and Roll heaven!!

2 comments:

Crashtest Comic said...

I love Deep Trax. I'm listening now--Emerson Lake & Palmer "A Time & a Place."

You know, people who listen to regular radio would swear that Jimi Hendrix wrote four songs:

Fire, Purple Haze, Wind Cried Mary & Hey Joe.

Great taste in tunes. Dogs by Floyd is my favorite song of all time.

leelee said...

REGULAR RADIO???????????? CAN'T DO IT MY FRIEND...I'd rather nothing, than commercial radio.

I saw PF Animal July 02 1977 at the Garden. Friends and I had gone camping in the Adirondacks for 3 days prior to the show. It was such a culture shock leaving the mountains and coming back to Jersey and piling friends into my 1971 Satellite Sebring and heading over to the Garden for the concert. Was one of the best ever!! and YES>> I still have the stub!