Monday, September 25, 2006

Allman Brothers Band - A Decade of Hits 1969-1979


A quintessential compilation for sure. Saw the Allmans at the Capitol Theater in Passaic, NJ in January 1981. We had great seats, although every seat there was wonderful because it was such a small venue (3200 seats) If you were on the floor...you were going to enjoy a great show. Other artists I saw there were:

The Kinks
Peter Gabriel
Todd Rundgren

Anyway...the rendition of the song I've included here..is actually from Live From The Fillmore, but thought you might enjoy a live version of this song..

In Memory Of Elizabeth Reed


3 comments:

eccentric recluse said...

Another very excellent band from that era. My own favorites from the ABB are Revival, Dreams & Midnight Rider. IMoER stands as a great jam tune, along with Mountain Jam.

Your selections amaze me, can't wait to hear what comes next.

puerileuwaite said...

Wow Leelee, I'm impressed. You've seen some great bands. Regarding the Allman Brothers, there was a good interview with Dickie Betts in the latest issue of Guitar World, that provided a nice glimpse into the band.

The Kinks are another favorite. Ditto for Peter Gabriel and Todd Rundgren.

leelee said...

ER- I remember sitting there watching the guitar play..and being absolutely mesmerized at the abilities of the musicians...I LOVE good jammin' songs...13+ mins...oh it just doesn't get any better.

P- I have absolutely seen some great bands...I tried to see all I could back in the day..and still occasionally will see those i missed when they were in their heyday...sure they're older now, so am I, but it's still great to hear the music. Saw the Moody Blues last spring..I had never seen them before.

You should see my collection of ticket stubs...OF COURSE I saved them!!

I love Rock & Roll.