Saturday, September 30, 2006

Derek & The Dominos - Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs


OK, yes I was only 12 when this album hit the airwaves in 1970, but I was a cool kid and this is definitely one of my favorites of all times. How can you go wrong with Eric Clapton and Duane Allman, not to mention the other great musicians of Derek & The Dominos. I also have a soft spot for this as it was recorded here in South Florida at Atlantic South-Criteria Studios, Miami.

There are so many great songs on this record, I've chosen Bell Bottom Blues as my representative audio, but they are all good. I mean Layla...yes we've heard it a million times, but it's so great.

My dream was to own a denim jacket with this cover embroidered on the back...wonder if I can find one...hmmmmmmmm...

leelee concert note: Saw Eric Clapton in Miami at the Miami Arena in May of 1992. We had terrible seats (nose bleed), but the music was wonderful!
Enjoy!

4 comments:

eccentric recluse said...

Another outstanding selection! My second favorite cut on the album was "I Looked Away", followed by "Tell the Truth".

That cover would make a pretty neat jacket, I wonder how difficult it would be to get a large enough scan to feed it into an embroidery machine?

leelee said...

How can I go about that? I would really like to do it. Even if I could have a large applique made, I could stitch it onto a jacket...HOW COOL!!!

I also really like "why does love got to hurt so bad" from this album..the whole record is great!!

puerileuwaite said...

I love this album. You just reminded me that it's time to listen to it again. I'd like to see the jacket when it's ready.

leelee said...

I've GOT TO HAVE this jacket...the more I think about it...the more I simply MUST.