Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Neil Young - Decade



Ok, in keeping with my compilations theme..yet another set titled Decade. This is a great sampling of some of Neil's most timeless and rockin' hits.

I've managed to put a playlist together of 3 long jammin' tunes. Set aside approx 24 minutes for this one...

Like A Hurricane
Down By The River
and
Cortez The killer, which has recently been covered by an Australian band called The Drones...they definitely do the song justice.

leelee concert note: Saw Neil Young at Madison Square Garden in Sept 1978..great show. The last performance of his I caught live was here in SoFla when he toured with CSN..he busted out with Rockin' In The Free World and jammed for like 20 minutes, it was by far the best part of the show. If you ever get the opportunity to see Neil live...do not hesitate....even if he is 85 years old...or even if YOU are 85!

4 comments:

eccentric recluse said...

terrific choice, Like a Hurricane really stirs up a few memories.

I will play this set when I finish with Pete Townsend "Deep End Live".

thanks and amaze me again

leelee said...

All these songs stir up memories...I just LOVE this music...and I enjoy the memories..glad you do too. Aren't you impressed I out together a 3 song playlist...frankly I"M amazed...lol

Glad you're enjoying!

puerileuwaite said...

Excellent album. Neil Young is always a nice escape from real life bullshit. Another fine choice, Leelee.

leelee said...

ummmhmmmmm...most definitely P..